Sunday, January 23, 2011

"Near Demise by Cookie Indulgence"

These are the best darn "Snickerdoodle Cookies" I ever ate and ate and ate...
I found it on Allrecipes.com, submitted by someone by the name of Juju Bee..she got it from an old recipe that her Great Grandma clipped out of a newspaper..and in her words "Grandma always knows best"...

One last note...they are addicting..had planned on cleaning up my mess today but decided to treat my hubby to cookies..but in all honesty I think I treated myself more and ate myself sick..consider yourself warned!! And I think I will take a nap now...

Ingredients

1 cup butter-room temperature (there is your first clue)
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 large eggs
3 1/4 cups flour
2 teaspoons cream of tarter
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 Tablespoon sugar (second clue)
3 teaspoons cinnamon (third clue)

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Mix butter, sugar and eggs thoroughly in a large bowl
Combine flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl.
Blend dry ingredients into butter mixture
Chill dough for 1 hour or longer, rolled up in plastic wrap
Meanwhile, mix 3 Tablespoons sugar and 3 teaspoons cinnamon in a small bowl and set aside.
Scoop globes the size of your choosing and roll in to balls.
Dip and roll balls in sugar/cinnamon mixture
Place on un-greased cookie sheet and bake for 14 mins
Remove from pan immediately and cool..

Get milk, gorge yourself and take a nap!!!

I really could have taken a picture for you, but who really needs a picture of white cookies with cinnamon sugar on them...something has to be left up to the imagination...hope you enjoyed and be sure to share,yes I said share...

LOL Too-dah-loo

No comments:

Post a Comment