Sunday, January 30, 2011

#4 of Ten Things "Knitting"



It has been a dream of mine, sometime during my days on this ole earth, to learn to knit..

I am a very tactile person...deriving so much pleasure from the feel of things...quilting fabric, scrapbook paper, furry pillows and yarn, and too many other things to mention.  There are so many kinds now, not like when I was young and it was pretty much acrylic and rather scritchy feeling really..

I was in a local yarn shop recently...such a warm, wonderful, colorful place.  I haven't, admittedly, spent much time in yarn shops, but just standing there looking around at all the different textures and colors was such a feast for my eyes and my hands as well.

Beautiful wooden cubicles overflowing with yarns of all colors, yarns that were very organic in nature, yarns that were so soft I had to keep myself from caressing my face with them and beautiful things made with all these yarns.  

Socks, scarfs, sweaters, blankets, hats, purses, amazing little baby things...
I am sure the very gracious, friendly women who were working that day and witnessing my growing affection, quite possibly witness, on a daily basis, the affect it has on all the people who enter.  Wouldn't it be wonderful to spend your time in a place that brings others so much joy!

Well, needless to say I was hooked, enamored and more than ready to learn a new craft, right that moment...

Corey to the rescue...my son in-laws sister Corey is an incredibly talented woman..she has her own massage business and is one of those gifted people who can not only heal you with her mere presence and insights, but with her incredible touch as well.

She also is an amazing knitting woman..she made me a beautiful hat last year that she knitted and then felted.  I absolutely love it and it was so me!!! Every time I see her she is in the midst of a new most beautiful project and I find myself so envious of her ability to take a ball of yarn and two knitting needles, move her fingers in particular ways and create such beauty.

So, I asked her if she would consider teaching me again, as she attempted to do so in the past...and she said OF COURSE I WILL TEACH YOU AGAIN...thanks Corey...I can't wait!!!!

But first, can we make a little trip to that wonderful shop?..you know the one I'm talking about...love ya girl!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment