Monday, February 14, 2011

"If you like Banana Bread, you gotta try this one"

I know, I know...who needs another Banana Bread recipe..but maybe just maybe this will be the one you keep and throw out all the rest!!!
I think maybe so...yum yum yum...


A 5 star recipe from allrecipes.com

Banana Sour Cream Bread
(that is just a little hint)

Ingredients:

1/4 cup white sugar
1 teas ground cinnamon
3/4 cup butter
3 cups white sugar (no that is not a mistake, just be patient)
3 eggs
6 very ripe bananas, mashed
1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
2 teas vanilla extract
2 teas ground cinnamon 
(yes I know I already listed that, but again I say, just be patient)
1/2 teas salt
3 teas baking soda
4 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup chopped walnuts
 (these would literally kill me, but by all means you go right ahead)

Directions:

1.  Preheat oven to 300 degrees.  Grease and flour 2 7x3 loaf pans or 1 large.  In a small bowl, stir together 1/4 cup white sugar and 1 teas cinnamon (see..what did I tell you, patience is a virtue).  Dust pans lightly with cinnamon sugar mixture.

2.  In a large bowl, cream butter and 3 cups sugar.  Mix in eggs, mashed bananas, sour cream, vanilla and cinnamon.  Mix in salt, baking soda and flour.  Stir in nuts.  Divide into prepared pans.

3.  Bake for 1 hour, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.

Viola...now get yourself a Latte and go for it..

Blessings...cough, cough, cough!
Val

No comments:

Post a Comment