Sunday, February 6, 2011

#10 of Ten Things You Might Not Know About Me "Ten Things I Love to Eat"

Had to finish with food....because one of the things you might not know about me is that I love, love, love, to find wonderful little neighborhood restaurants and when ordering, ask them what they would suggest...so here's my list...and I have to admit that it does include a couple of chain restaurants...not my thing...but there are a couple that offer some of my favorites...so here goes..have fun!!

#1  Luigi's Restaurant - Spokane - the very best Clam Linguini I have ever eaten! Doesn't this look incredible..well admittedly for those of us who like clams....!


#2  Rock City Grill - Cajun Chicken Fettucini..ok now my mouth is totally watering..



#3  Thai Bamboo - Spokane - Garlic Chicken w/Black Rice







#4  The Crab Pot, Pier 57 Seattle Waterfront - The SeaFeast w/3 kinds of crab, clams, mussels, corn on the cob, red potatoes and little hunks of sausage...you wear bibs, have little wood cutting boards and mallets, and butcher paper table cloths..you order and when it arrives, they dump this huge pot of deliciousness right in the middle of the table...very interactive eating and so much fun...eating with your hands and hitting stuff with wooden hammers...what could be more fun!




#5  Grazie Italian Ristorante - South Center, Tukwila - absolutely anything they make, but my latest favorite is their wonderful Manicotti...they make their own noodles and the sauce is this incredibly beautiful sauce made from fresh tomatoes and basil and other stuff I'm not quite sure about accept I am sure olive oil...light and so fresh, with a splash of alfredo...your palette will love you!...and their caesar salad is the best I have every tasted...their homemade dressing, incredible..just the perfect amount, as well as the most delicious parmesan...the best part though, is they serve it with a fresh lemon wedge that you must squeeze over the top...be sure to finish with fresh cracked pepper..IF YOU ARE EVER IN SEATTLE AND YOU LOVE ITALIAN...YOU ABSOLUTELY MUST VISIT THIS VERY SPECIAL PLACE..Ask my Mom, she'll tell you all about it :-)



#6  California Pizza Kitchen - Tukwila, Wa by South Center Mall - Bacon, Lettuce and Tomato Pizza on whole wheat crust...I could bloody well eat the whole thing!!!  One of our favorite places to go coming back from the airport after I arrive in Seattle...its on the way to our apartment and just the perfect beginning for my trip! Love it!



#7  Papaya Vietnamese Restaurant - The Landing in Renton Washington, just across the street from our apartment...absolutely wonderful food, made with such love, served so beautifully and the owners are so friendly, so welcoming...we love to go there!  My favorite dish there is the Chicken Pho...and Eric's is the Soft Shell Crab Salad...and we also love the Veggie Spring Rolls, although I can't find a picture that would do them justice, you will just have to use your imagination...you have never seen Spring Rolls wrapped so beautifully...!!!





#8  Barrio on Capital Hill - Seattle - for anything breakfast, but I especially love the "Breakfast Cazuela" We love to take Michael there when visiting him at his apartment on Capital Hill...and they have 70, yes count them 70, kinds of Tequila...!



And at last, my last 2 favorites....

#9  I hate to admit it, but the Red Velvet Cheesecake at "The Cheesecake Factory" is to die for...there are lots of Cheesecake Factories in the Seattle area, but my favorite is at Bellevue Square...so feast your eyes!!!!



And lastly...oh my gosh, does there have to be a last...there are so many other places....oh the pressure of just choosing one...well you are going to be shocked, most likely, that this unassuming little place made my list...but hey... seriously, if you like good old fashioned cheeseburgers, fries and ice cold Coca Cola, there is no other place, but....lets see, I will give you a hint....
It all started in 1964 by a man named Abe Miller referred to as "Honest Abe", after playing Abraham Lincoln in a school play...the drive in was actually named after his son and is still there in the same location after all these years...have you guessed it yet?...well if you guessed Dicks Hamburgers, you would be right...but contrary to what people may think, or have been told...there is absolutely no affiliation between the Dick's in Spokane and the Dick's in Seattle...so there you have it...my last pick and the finish to
"Ten Things you might not know about me"


#10 Dick's Hamburgers - Spokane
Gotta have my Whammy, fries with tarter and a great big ice cold Coke!







So there you have it...my picks for my favorite places and dishes to eat..I hope that if you haven't had a chance, that you someday will, and if you are ever in Seattle, check out some of these local favorites and a couple of good old, can always count on favorites...enjoy!!!


Thanks for visiting and blessings...
Val

No comments:

Post a Comment