Wednesday, May 4, 2011

"The Verses That Inspire Me"


I stumbled upon this incredible writing this evening and it spoke to a very protected space in my heart...

"Lead Me To The Rock"

There are times in life when you feel rejected, despised, and left alone. Negative circumstances swell above you on all sides, and leave you downcast, disheartened and dejected. Despair and gloom rise around you, to cloud your vision and choke off hope itself. Those whom you have loved most, even your best friends, have deserted you. All you have ever done in life to help others is forgotten and overshadowed by rejection and the gnashing of enemies' teeth. When you "walk through the valley of the shadow of death" (Psa 23:4), and nothing is working quite right, how do you respond? Where is happiness and contentment to be found when you find yourself in the midst of depressing despair, when it seems that all hope itself is lost?

by Jerry Gentry


Psalm 61:2


From the ends of the earth I call to you, I call as my heart grows faint; Lead me to the rock that is higher than I..
NIV




Psalm 126:5


They that sow in tears shall reap in joy..

King James...

These verses from the bible will remain always ever steadfast in my heart.
Whispering them for my own ears in times of trouble.

Balancing the thoughts of others with what we know to be true of ourselves can be a most tricky business..

We inhabit a most cynical, cynical world..to coin a phrase from "Jerry McGuire"
Yet I find that a few moments spent exploring, absorbing and embracing the words of the bible always works their magic in easing the sometimes heaviness, if you will, of 
"the daily grind".

Its in the believing or rejecting of this life and its perils, that we find our way...
It is in the courage, the bravery to remain, soles planted firmly in the earth as the winds howl around us, that which most decidedly depicts our strength...
In the aloneness we find our purpose, in the aloneness we find our God!

These are my thoughts...presented honestly from my heart, not to necessarily 
persuade, but perhaps provide ideas for thought..

As always I wish many blessings...
Val


No comments:

Post a Comment