Friday, April 1, 2011

Photo by Erika Walker

I find it so interesting that whenever I am experiencing rough times and feelings of sadness, along comes something that assists you in putting things into perspective..
Well this morning when I opened up my e-mail
there it was..the perfect message..
On the heals of a difficult day yesterday and an evening filled with tears, I couldn't have asked for more poignant words...

From "Daily Om"

March 31, 2011
A Matter Of Faith
You may find it difficult to trust others sometimes, even if you normally have little trouble putting your faith in humanity as a whole. The motives of the people with whom you share your environment can give you pause, as you may not be sure that peers, colleagues, and loved ones are telling you the truth. Yet it may be that your caution is unfounded or premature. Consider carefully why you feel inclined to distrust others today. You may be surprised to discover that unspecific doubts are interfering with your ability to have confidence in others' honesty. If you make an effort to put your faith in people, you will likely be met with a positive response.

Without faith, the world can seem like a dangerous and entirely unpredictable place. When we choose to trust that others will be as kind as compassionate as we hope they will be, however, we cause a positive shift to take place. The people around us will be more likely to live up to our expectations when they understand that we are giving them an opportunity to prove us right. And even that small kindness has wide reaching consequences—when our peers and acquaintances see that we sincerely believe in the goodness of humanity as a whole, they will be similarly inspired to give those they interact with the benefit of the doubt. Trust thus spreads like ripples in water, touching the lives of individuals well beyond our sphere of influence. Your faith will work wonders today when you give others the gift of your confidence.

I found this to be very comforting and reassuring, although I disagree with one particular part in the second paragraph.
I don't myself believe that the people around me should have to or need to, live up to mine or anyone's expectations of them..as I truly don't believe that we have the right to lay out any expectations of others..we are all human and we are bound to disappoint..
I think we lay enough expectations on ourselves without having others in the mix as well...

Ok..I had my say..
The world looks a little friendlier to me today, or maybe I am just in a better place so that I am able to see it..
Who knows?..we are all just doing the best that we can!

Blessings
Val



No comments:

Post a Comment