Sunday, April 3, 2011

"A few things I have been working on"

Typically I like to post any of the projects I have been busy with, on a Saturday or Sunday..
Quite honestly though, I have been so busy at work that I have managed to get rather behind on several fronts..
Not only has my little studio been fairly ignored, but my house's messiness has traveled beyond where I like it to be, the laundry basket which is usually empty save for a couple of items is staring me in the face, the yard needs a good spring raking as all the little perennials and such are beginning to peek through the ground ..not to mention how much my vehicle needs to be vacuumed, dusted and washed..it looks like I must live in there some days..
What's a girl to do..?
Well this girl is trying to catch up...the laundry chore has been accomplished, dinner is in the oven, dishes are done, floor is swept..so I am on the road to where I yearn to be..
Being a woman with OCD tendencies in many areas, having things unorganized and not running smoothly challenges me a bit, OK a lot!..but I am to learn the art lightening up..
Having said all that..here are a few pictures of recent projects, although a couple are past journal pages I am just now getting around to Mod Podging into my regular journal..
Enough said..the rest is self explanatory for the most part..


My most recent "She Art" canvas in the works..as you can see no face and hair..still deciding on that..and the things sticking out of the side of her where her arms should be are  angel wings, also in progress..


Another view and there I go again with the blur..


I actually really love these very interesting looking flowers...its a stamp and I think it is darling..


Lastly..My kids and husband, our family, being together is what our home is all about..


A recent journal page I did from "Brave Girls"
A difficult page for me in many ways, but it felt rather freeing to get it down on paper and creatively express some of the hurts and shame from long ago.


A couple past journal pages just now being entered into my big journal..


One of my all time favorite pictures of my daughter and myself, well in the last few years anyway...must be because we had our hair and make-up done professionally the day of her wedding..

Thats about it...
Before I can even think of the next few designs and projects, I need to bring some kind of order to my poor little creative space...
Did something blow up in there?
One step at a time..!

Blessings as always,
Val

1 comment:

  1. Wow! You and your daughter are beautiful! And I love your journal pages.

    Looking forward to meeting you in person next week.

    ReplyDelete