Saturday, April 30, 2011

"Oh my gosh I just made the yummiest dinner"

"Val's Veggie Casadia's"


Ingredients:

 Olive Oil
Kosher Salt
1 package Multi-grain flour tortillas
1 package sliced white button mushrooms + 12-16 medium sized crimini mushrooms
1 large green pepper, sliced thin like for fajitas
1 large red, orange or yellow pepper, sliced thin
1/2 of a large red onion, sliced thin
2 Chipotle peppers, canned in Adobo sauce
a bunch of shredded Monterey Jack Cheese 
Sour Cream
Salsa (I love Newman's Medium Salsa)
Guacamole (believe it or not I love Dean's prepared Guacamole..its so yummy)

Directions:

In a large skillet saute mushrooms, peppers and onions in enough olive oil to coat the pan.
Once they are soft and the mushrooms have that beautiful brown sautéed look, add 2 small, or to your "hot and spicy" taste, chipotle peppers in adobo..I remove most of the seeds or my tongue burns for hours..!
Some kosher salt, about oh I don't know for sure how much, I just grab a couple of pinches from my salt bowl and distribute over the top..and stir it in.
Now get another frying pan, one that is the perfect size to fit the tortillas...heat up the pan...no oil or spray or anything..
put the bottom tortilla in the frying pan, add some of the shredded cheese, a generous bit of the yummy veggies and top with the remaining tortilla...
Cook until the tortilla in nicely golden brown and flip to the other side..
Once cooked, remove and let sit for just a bit, start the process over with a new tortilla in the pan and then cut the tortilla in 4's..
Serve with salsa, sour cream and guacamole..

So darn good you will hum YUM!
It would be might tasty also with some homemade pinto beans or if you like refried beans...and you could add rice too...but we just love the veggies and cheese and nicely filling just them...

Enjoy!!!

Now that I have had a relatively healthy supper I am off to the freezer for a cookies and cream chocolate dipped drumstick..!
Hows that for OXYMORON?
I always wondered why oxymoron ended with "moron"
guess now I know... :-)

Take Care and have a most jolly weekend!

Val



No comments:

Post a Comment