Thursday, August 18, 2011

"Do you have to stand outside and yell...REALLY?"

OMG...
Today I started my beautiful peaceful morning by yet again hearing the lunatic neighbor behind me screaming at the top of her lungs my other neighbors name...

So I wake up the sun shining in that early morning way that is just so darn pretty, the birds were singing, a slight cool (but not to cool) breeze in the air...
With coffee in hand I head out to my serene patio space, sit myself down at my picnic table, covered so lovingly by a quilt I made for my son when he was young boy, start to reach for the current book I am reading.."Change your Thoughts, Change your Life" by Dr. Wayne Dyer...a study of the lesson of the Tao..how ironic..
Can you picture it?
Heres a little more...
My backyard is parklike with tons of trees and overgrown deciduous bushes...so many shades of lovely green in the morning sun...the leaves twist slowly in the breeze, the birds are lining up on tree limbs about, waiting for their turn at the ever popular bird feeder...
AND THEN IT STARTS!!!
The lunatic neighbor behind starts screaming...now this is not a scream like she needs me to call 911...
This is the screaming of a lady that is pissed off because our other neighbors young dog has found a way over the fence into her yard...
Now I realize that some of us humans do not take so easily to others canine friends, but REALLY?????
Sara is the pups name and she is a total doll!  A medium size dog, a mix of some sort probably lab and a little pit bull...rescued by our loving other neighbors from a local shelter..


Now this isn't exactly what she looks like, but kinda close...anyway..
She is so smart, sweet and kind..
But she is a curious girl and I am sure that backyard over there with two other canine friends was just to darn appealing, so she climbed and jumped..

Why would someone approach something such as this by standing at 7:15 in the am in the middle of her yard doing nothing but screaming someone's name 20-30 times at the top of her lungs...
So here I am just sitting staring at the open book, my hand still grasping my coffee mug and first I try to see the humor in it..but not for long...I quickly morphed into this...


Well except with pajamas and my husbands robe on...my best morning look no doubt..
I couldn't take it anymore...I stood up, started to walk towards the back of my yard and yelled, not to nicely I admit..
"Can I help you?"
to which she replied
"VALERIE THIS STUPID LITTLE DOG OF BERN'S (our neighbor's name)
IS IN MY FENCE...YOU NEED TO TELL HIM TO GET THIS DOG OUT OF HERE AND BUILD A BIGGER FENCE!!!!"
Ok now, just for a moment, use your imagination and wonder at all the possible ways I might in my now trashed serenity respond...
Well.......
I took a deep breath and said

"FIRST OF ALL QUIT YELLING, AFTER THE FIRST 5 OR SO SCREAMS WASN'T THAT A CLUE THAT MAYBE NO ONE WAS HOME?...SECONDLY QUIT YELLING AT ME AND LASTLY TELL HIM WHATEVER YOU WANT TO TELL HIM YOURSELF. BUT RATHER THAN STAND HERE AND ARGUE WITH YOU I WILL WALK AROUND AND GET HER AND BRING HER BACK HOME...MIGHT YOU HAVE THOUGHT OF THAT YOURSELF INSTEAD OF DISTURBING THE WHOLE NEIGHBORHOOD?"

Dead Silence...I almost started laughing..
Now this woman is not an elderly woman, she is late 40's to early 50's and quite healthy..
BUT A RAGING LUNATIC...

So off I go in my jammies, husbands robe, hair standing on end from sleep and I am sure a scowl of mondo proportions on my face...

Arriving at her dwelling, not too happy to say the least, I find her throwing dog treats about her front yard in an effort to get sweet Sara the Pup out of her backyard...
Sara spots me and comes running for rescue...leans against my legs for a pet and looks at me as if to say "GET ME OTTA HERE"...
The lunatic starts to say something..honestly I don't even know what..
We both stop for just a moment, turn to look at the lunatic as we begin to walk away and all I can think to say is
"I would rather you just say THANK YOU!!"

I looked down at Sara, she looked up at me with those darling puppy eyes and I think in that moment we made a very special bond..The pup and the rescue lady...

I can live with that...better than I can live with the screaming lunatic!!!

HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A WONDERFUL PEACEFUL DAY AND MAY THERE BE NO LUNATIC'S IN YOUR PATH...

Me


3 comments:

  1. You handled that very well, Val. I hope it made her think and this will never happen again.

    DO THE TAO NOW! (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go girl! I'm glad you told her what's what.

    I woke up to that yelling. I hope that was her last time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my - I have neighbors just like yours, and so feel your pain!

    Thanks for the visit to my blog. Have a great time on your mom/girls trip - those are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete