Monday, June 13, 2011

"One Project Complete"

Wanted to take a quick moment to share..
Finished the front of my Art Journal for Soul Restoration II class..
I have to say I love it, its adorable and soooo ME!!


I made the heart out of little pieces of scrunched up tissue paper and then used Mod Podge to adhere


It is kind of hard to see, but I started by totally covering the whole front of the book with red paint..
lightly gessoed over it,  Mod Podged an old fashioned black and white kind of english garden scene paper over it, then gessoed again and started adding paint with bubble wrap and a checkerboard stencil.
Finished off by doodling, doodling and more doodling..


a couple of cutie pie rub-ons


A few hearts in various sizes, papers and stamps


And then of course some writing and stamped words...

That's it..
On to the next project

Val

3 comments:

  1. Hi Valerie
    Your cover is just beautiful!!!
    I am also a member of SR2 and am loving it. Did you do SR1? I am still getting mine finished - I think they are both going to be a long term project for me :-)

    Hugs
    Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Valerie! Your cover turned out beautiful! I found you through the Brave Girls Club, and I just wanted to say hi. Your blog is wonderful. I enjoyed seeing the work you did in your Soul Restoration journal. I'm planning to sign up for Soul Restoration 1 in July. See you again soon! Hugs, Terri

    ReplyDelete